Support immigrant communities in their empowerment!
Become an Immigration Navigator today!
Immigration Navigators are individuals who support immigrant communities with Know Your Rights trainings and guidance on navigating the immigration system (e.g., preparing to meet with an immigration attorney).
Before entering their service, Immigration Navigators participate in a day-long training run by the NYIC which currently covers the following topics:
- immigration demographics in the U.S. and New York State
- immigration policies under the Obama administration and potential ones under the Trump administration
- immigration history
- immigration law
- navigator model overview
- best practices for avoiding unauthorized practice of law and combatting immigration fraud
- basic rights in the United States, regardless of immigration status
- designing a family safety plan and gathering documents in the event of interactions with law enforcement (e.g., ICE)
- fighting hate crimes
- and outreach and planning strategies
LEARN MORE ABOUT AND REGISTER FOR AN UPCOMING IMMIGRATION NAVIGATOR TRAINING HERE:
HOST AN IMMIGRATION NAVIGATOR TRAINING
Is your organization interested in hosting a Immigration Navigator training for its staff and partners? Host organizations are responsible for providing space and bringing at least 25 participants to the training. Click here to learn more information and to request hosting an Immmigration Navigator training.